The Benefits of Building in Cotton Farms
Aug 15, 2023
Just outside the Triangle’s metropolitan area, a beautiful new neighborhood is taking shape in Fuquay-Varina. In partnership with over a dozen custom homebuilders, the Cotton Farms community is now under construction and already has become one of the most desirable locations in picturesque Wake County. For those interested in making the move to central North Carolina, Cotton Farms offers the perfect place to put down roots. Add in the benefits of building, and it's easy to see why buyers are falling in love.
Many potential homeowners dismiss the idea of building a new home as too stressful, too complicated, and full of unknowns. While building new is vastly different from buying a pre-existing home, the benefits easily outweigh the learning curve.
- Once the option to build is selected, the rewards start right away. From choosing the perfect homesite to the placement of the build and all the way to that first turn of the door handle, the transformation from an empty lot to a beautiful home is a unique and exciting experience.
- Customization is one of the main benefits of building a new home as personalization takes priority. With the ability to select hardware, fixtures, or paint colors, buyers truly create a space specific to their tastes. Amateur chefs may opt for higher-end appliances. A spa lover may include a huge soaking tub in the owner’s suite. Movie buffs may opt for a home theatre in lieu of an extra bedroom. Inside and out, when partnering with a builder, buyers are able to tweak endless features of their future homes.
- One of the primary plusses in building a new home is access to the most energy-efficient options. It is not uncommon for pre-existing homes to have outdated appliances, single-paned windows, or struggling HVAC systems. Builders are knowledgeable of the trends in energy standards and install features that benefit both cost-savings and carbon footprints.
- Installing innovative technology during the building process is much more streamlined than attempting the same on a pre-existing property. Connected living experiences have grown in popularity in recent years - a trend that sometimes requires homeowners to significantly change their home’s electrical layout. Whether opting for smart thermostats, advanced security systems, or lighting automation, the ability to install them at the time of building can be a cost-saving bonus.
- Repair costs on newly constructed homes are truly a thing of the future. Everything from the roof to the rugs is brand new, meaning there will be no surprise budget busters during inspection or just after move-in. With up-to-date utility features and fresh from-the-store appliances, those surprise spends are kept at bay.
- When working with a builder, a positive partnership is as important to them as it is to the buyer. Warranties are offered to ensure that the partnership remains positive long after the delivery of the property. Home warranties offer buyers reassurance that their building team will be available to address any questions, eliminating worry.
Fuquay-Varina’s real estate market has been on the rise and looks to remain the same for years. Opting to build a new home here means opting for a sound investment with great potential for appreciation. While most homebuyers relocate with the intention of settling down for decades, additional moves are always a possibility. Choosing to build new will likely boost that return on investment in future sales.
While many don’t consider how building a home affects the local economy, it does!
- New home construction contributes to the local economy through job creation.
- Builders rely on local businesses and suppliers for materials.
- Construction teams are made up of employees local to the area.
Beyond its beautiful new homes, Cotton Farms is surrounded by local businesses ready to welcome new residents with open arms. From boutiques to breweries, from parks to professional sports, this area really does have it all. The benefits of building a new home are endless and by opting to break ground in Fuquay-Varina, homeowners will reap them for years to come.