Sep 11, 2023
Did you know that the town of Fuquay-Varina has a history spanning back to the Fuquay Mineral Spring? It was here that travelers would migrate to as they sought the healing powers of this crystal water. This quaint town has had reason to celebrate for ages but, each fall, the celebration is kicked up a notch with the annual Celebrate Fuquay-Varina festival!
Fuquay-Varina is located just outside Raleigh and draws visitors daily as they enjoy this vibrant community. Two names, two beautiful downtown areas - both full of charm, rich history, and so much to do! The October festival is shaping up to be the best yet with endless activities, food, shopping, and more.
The wildly popular Chairmen of the Board will kick off the festivities at the opening concert on Thursday, October 5th. The show will run from 6:30-9:30 pm in the Varina Business District and spots will fill up quickly! Come with a lawn chair or beach blanket - but leave coolers and pets at home.
Come early and stay all day! “Doors” open at 10:00 am on October 7th and this signature event lasts until 4:00 pm. The origins of this exciting day are to present a reminder of the town’s roots while also looking forward to its promising future.
- The Main Street Stage will feature acts throughout the day:
- 10:00 am: House Music
- 11:00 am: Magic is BS
- 12:00 pm: Sticky Bun Eating Contest
- 1:00 pm: Spin Man, Basketball Juggler
- 2:00 pm: Magic is BS
- 3:00 pm: House Music
- The Beer Garden Stage will host:
- 11:00 am: Magic Pipers
- 1:00 pm: Love Tribe
- King BMX Bike Show will defy gravity throughout the day near Fidelity Bank:
- 11:00 am, 12:45 pm, 2:45 pm
- Artist Village will offer local talents to display and sell paintings, photographs, jewelry, and more.
- Food Trucks will be sprinkled throughout the downtown area all day!
- Tour the Fuquay-Varina History Museum as it opens its doors to visitors during the festival.
- Kid’s Zone will be packed with games, rides, and interactive learning experiences.
- Local craft beer featuring Aviator Brewing Company, Fainting Goat, Vicious Fishes, Mason Jar Tavern, and Oaklyn Springs.
- Mimi the Clown will be at the ready with face paints and balloons!
- The Storm Tour is a traveling, interactive fan experience that allows participants to suit up like a Carolina Hurricanes hockey player, sit in the “locker room” and take a photo with a Stanley Cup trophy replica.
Residents of Fuquay-Varina are thrilled to share their hometown with visitors for this annual family-friendly festival. The impact on local businesses provides a significant boost as those new to the area discover what a charming town they serve. Community ties are a priority in this town as the balance of growth and belonging is carefully maintained.
Just around the corner from this year’s festival is the up-and-coming Cotton Farms neighborhood. This gorgeous community is a must-see with its gentle hills, generous lots, and picturesque landscape. Custom home builders are hard at work bringing the newest gem in Fuquay-Varina’s crown to life.
The Celebrate Fuquay-Varina festival reflects a town that's proud of its heritage and optimistic about its future. It's a place where history meets modernity, where community spirit is palpable, and where every visitor is welcomed with open arms. Whether you're a resident or a first-time visitor, the festival promises an experience that's both enriching and entertaining.