Celebrate the Holidays!
Nov 06, 2023
Fuquay Varina is set to come alive this holiday season as twinkling lights and festive decorations return to the town center, creating a quaint retreat for locals and visitors. This inviting atmosphere is a favorite as shop owners enhance their inventory with unique gift options waiting to be unwrapped by lucky recipients. Restaurants are already taking reservations for the holiday season as diners delight in locally sourced, delectable dishes.
Residents of the Cotton Farms community will make countless visits to downtown Fuquay Varina throughout this holiday season as it is not only convenient but also their home away from home. With activities available year-round, mingling with neighbors is the norm in the gorgeous area as group gatherings are common. This year, the holiday spirit will arrive early with a concert from The Embers!
- November 22, 2023: Get in the holiday spirit with The Embers Holiday Show! While The Embers perform beach music all over the world, North Carolina claims this rhythm-and-blues band as its own. FV is thrilled to welcome The Embers for a Christmas show on November 22 (7:30 p.m.) at the Arts Center. Grab your tickets here before they sell out!
As Thanksgiving arrives in rearview mirrors, the focus shifts fully to Christmas as vehicles gear up for parade season!
- December 3, 2023: The 2023 FV Christmas Parade returns downtown at 4:00 pm on December 3rd. Local school bands will march down the main street surrounded by beautiful parade floats covered in festive decorations. Community organizations will participate with members dressed in holiday attire as they are cheered by parade viewers. And, of course, the arrival of Santa Claus will garner the most enthusiastic reaction from children of all ages.
Residents and visitors of Fuquay-Varina enjoy endless photo ops all over this adorable town as shops roll out beautiful holiday decor! Quaint towns just outside the area also offer festive fun and are just a short drive away!
In nearby Clayton:
- Clayton’s annual Christmas Village returns on November 30th, continuing a tradition that now spans over 30 years. This twilight event features carolers, train rides, a live nativity, and tree lighting.
- The Clayton Christmas Parade takes place on December 9, starting at 3:00 p.m. This parade features nearly 100 floats, marching bands, and Santa Claus! Bring a bag to collect candy tossed from participants to those singing the loudest!
Just south, in Lillington (dates/times TBA):
- Christmas on the Cape Fear features pictures with Santa, hot cocoa, and Santa’s workshop.
- Holiday Lights in the Garden is located at the Cape Fear Botanical Garden and runs Friday- Sundays during the month of December with additional days the week of Christmas. Enjoy lights along a mile-long pathway, s’mores roasting, crafts, and photos with Santa.
- Santa Claus is coming to Sanford on December 4th at 7:00 p.m.!
- November 18: Raleigh Christmas Parade
- November 18: Lafayette Village Holiday Market
- November 23: Christmas Carousel Raleigh 2023
- December 9: North Carolina Symphony Holiday Pops
- December 9: 2023 Official Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl
- December 22: Carolina Ballet presents the Nutcracker (ongoing event)
- December 23: North Carolina Symphony Candlelight Christmas
From twinkling lights to steaming mugs of hot chocolate, the sense of shared joy at the holidays thrives in the Cotton Farms community and beyond. Celebrating the end of the year in a newly built home is certainly special and Fuquay Varina delivers even more during this festive season. This charming town blends Southern hospitality with timeless traditions reminding all that Fuquay Varina is the perfect place to call home.